Spring is here, and the weather is beautiful—but the uncomfortably high temperatures will be here sooner than you think (it gets hot here in the Nashville area)! Now is a good time to start preparing your home. Will it be able to keep you cool and comfortable without emptying your wallet?
Insulating your house is a great place to start! Fiberglass is one of the most popular materials. It’s available in both batt and blown-in form.
Contact us if you’re ready for a free estimate on your project, or keep reading to learn more!
The Difference Between Batt and Blown Insulation
Which one is best for your home? Our team can help you determine that, but in general, here are a few things to keep in mind:
Batt, or blanket, insulation is:
- Generally installed in unfinished walls (including foundation walls).
- Well suited for stud and joist spacing that is free from obstructions like wiring, pipes, etc.
Blown-in insulation is:
- Generally installed in enclosed existing walls (retrofit projects) or open new wall cavities (new construction projects) and unfinished attic floors.
- Good for adding to existing finished areas and around obstructions like wiring and pipes.
- Blown into place using special tools.
- Also referred to as “loose-fill” (loose-fill is a popular type of cellulose).
Learn more about batt vs. blown insulation—and get information on other types of insulation—on the Department of Energy’s website »
There is no “better” type of insulation—it all depends on where you need to insulate, how much insulation you need and more. A professional will be able to assess your space and determine the material that will work best.
Home Insulation Installation in the Nashville, TN Area
- Reduce your energy bills.
- Make your home more comfortable.
- Improve the performance of your HVAC equipment.
Our insulation contractors install blown and batt fiberglass and can insulate your attic, walls, crawl space and basement.
Contact the experts at Installed Building Products of Nashville if you’re ready to insulate your home and start improving its energy efficiency and comfort—call (615) 649-5481 or contact us online!