For most homeowners, insulating your home is an obvious must, but what about your garage? Many people don’t know that you can insulate your garage – but you can, and you should! There are many benefits to insulating your garage, including:
- Makes the space more comfortable so you can use it as a workshop, workout room, or craft space
- Minimizes outside air from coming into your home if garage is attached
- Protects whatever valuable or fragile belongings you may be storing in your garage
- Keeps any appliances in the garage (washer and dryer, freezer, etc.) from being stressed and overworked in extreme weather
How Do I Know If My Garage Needs Insulation?
If you can relate to any of the above situations, then you’d greatly benefit from insulating your garage. But if you’re still unsure if insulating your garage is something you need, there are ways to tell. Some signs that you should insulate your garage include:
- Uncomfortable temperatures
- Light coming through chinks at the door
- Animals or pests getting in
- Rain, snow, or leaves getting in
If your garage is attached and you notice outdoor-temperature air coming through the garage into your home, you may need a one-two punch: insulating the garage and insulating around the door from the home to the garage.
What Insulation Is Best for Garages?
IBP of Nashville’s experienced team can easily insulate your garage. We sell and install spray foam, fiberglass batt and fiberglass blow-in insulation. Spray foam and fiberglass batts are ideal for garages, though fiberglass blow-in can work if your walls are finished. Weatherstripping around door and window openings can also minimize air leakage.
If you’d like to set up a garage insulation installation, contact IBP of Nashville. You can call us at (615) 649-5481 or reach out online.